HindsFamily Blog

Find out what fun things we have been up to!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sundays

I truly love Sundays. They have become a day of tradition in our house. The kids go to Sunday school with their Grandma Debbie, for which I am so grateful. Grateful that she's willing to take them and that both of my children love to go.
The afternoon is spent with their PopPop and NeNe. This is a tradition that was started when Evan was a newborn, just two weeks old. My dad would come over and sit with her for a couple of hours while Kendal and I would go grocery shopping. Now it's something bigger and greater. It's an hour or two of quiet alone time for Kendal and myself. But, for my kids I believe it is something special. They have a relationship with their PopPop, and all their grandparents for that matter, that I have never experienced. To watch my kids with my Dad is a magical opportunity. Growing up I think I was too hard on my Dad. He is a wonderful PopPop, just as he is and was a wonderful Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.