HindsFamily Blog

Find out what fun things we have been up to!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Dinner conversation

Something that I have started as we eat dinner as a family is that everyone shares their favorite thing that happened for the day. There are a few stipulations...no sarcasm and you have to tell the truth...I find myself reminding Kendal of these rules more than anyone else :).
Evan had a rough afternoon today. She seemed more tired than normal and made a few bad choices before dinner. As we were sitting down to dinner tonight she seemed especially anxious to share something with me. When it was her turn to share her favorite part of the day she says, "Mom, I need to tell you something, it's not especially important." So I tell her to go ahead. She says, "I don't think Santa Clause is very happy with me." I had to try so hard not to laugh. So I asked her, "Well, why do you think that?" And she told me because she had been bad. I asked her what she could do about it. She says, "listen better".
I love that girl so much. Even when she is tired and cranky she still knows that she messed up and she really wants to fix it. Even though vocabulary and empathy don't really go together; I'm always amazed at how much she has of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.