HindsFamily Blog

Find out what fun things we have been up to!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas traditions

My Mom has started several traditions with the kids. Which is one of my many favorite things about my Mom. She gets what it means to be an involved, caring, helpful grandparent. My kids have and will continue to have the most wonderful memories with her. Not to mention, how it touches my heart to see Mom create and participate in these traditions. 

 But, one Christmas tradition that I think is on the top of Evan's list would be making the gingerbread house. I'm not sure that my Mom had planned on making this a tradition. Except, this year Evan asked about it. So, Mom went and got the gingerbread kit and the gingerbread house making becomes an event. To add to the fun this year, each of the kids got to make a gum drop tree to go with the gingerbread house. I made it the centerpiece on our dining room table and Evan was so proud and glad to see her creation on display. I was reminded today, as I often am, that I am so lucky for all the great and wonderful things in my life. Just the simple act of displaying my daughter's work makes her so happy. My life is just about perfect as can be, I feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.